Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Refreshing Morning

This morning I actually woke up and GOT UP on time.  Actually earlier than usual.  Most mornings are spent rushing to get ready because I just couldn't manage to get up.  Getting myself and two young ones ready when I didn't want to get out of bed, just doesn't make for a great morning.  Trying to urge them to get up and get ready when they just want to stay in bed results in me raising my voice.  I bang things.  I yell.  I scream.  I turn lights on.  I turn music or tv on really loudly.  I do anything to get them up.  Needless to say, not such a great way to start the day.

Today was different.  I got up and got ready right away.  I urged the kids to get up without yelling.    No, they didn't want to get up right away, but they did get up.  I ended up having half an hour left til we had to leave and we were all ready to go.  I decided to do something I would NEVER choose to do.  I chose to do dishes.  Remember if you will, our dishwasher is broken.  As a result, dishes are washed by hand.  A cleaned the sink and got it ready for a load.  I usually cringe at the thought of dishes.  I actually enjoyed it, believe it or not.  Don't ask me why, but it was a great feeling.  All the dishes are out air drying. 

As I drove away, I feeled so happy and calm.  I am sure some of you are thinking I must be crazy today.  hahaha  But it really felt so incredible.  I have three cookie sheets soaking and will tackle them when I am home.  I also have a box of dishes in the garage that I am going to wash and most likely give away.  We shall see what the evening brings.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think this post is crazy AT ALL! I feel exactly the same way - on days that I'm rushing to get myself and the kids ready to go (which is most days) I hate the feeling of having to hurry, hurry, hurry. But on the few days (seldom ones) that we're ready early, it feels fantastic to get to leisurely spend some time doing just about anything before heading out the door. I hope you've had more mornings like this since this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! It's not crazy at all, I find it hard to leave my flat unless it's tidy and clean. And I adore having some spare time before I have to rush out the door!
    Hope you get more joyful mornings like this !

    ReplyDelete