Thursday, March 31, 2011

New to the "Wal-Mart Matching Price" Game

Well, I learned recently that Wal Mart will match competitor ads.  Don't ask me where I have been.  I had heard this about two years ago and they wouldn't match the price on fruits and veggies, so I immediately gave up.  Well recently I heard about them price matching and I tried it. 

Two weeks ago in one of the grocery ads, I saw the magic numbers mixed with perfect words: Oranges 10 pounds for a $1 Who in the world can beat that?  I went in to Wal Mart ready with ads in hand.  They matched the price and were so nice about it.  I went home and tried an orange.  I must say that Wal Mart has the best oranges I have had in the past few years.  They are so delicious.  They are much better than the oranges I have tasted lately.  And at 10 cents a pound, who can compare?

This week I was looking through the ads and noticed the following great buys and went to Wal-Mart last night for price matching:
  • oranges at 8 pounds for $1
  • Ramen Noodles 10 packs for $1 (normally you can only get 7 packs for a dollar even on sale )
  • Mushrooms $1 for 8 oz. package
  • Strawberries 2 for $2 ($1 each obviously)
I plan to go thoroughly through my ads tomorrow night and make a list to incorporate with our grocery shopping.  I normally don't buy meat or chicken from Wal-Mart because from what I had been told by friends, they are much more expensive than others.  Last night while looking around though, I noticed chicken breast at $1.78 a pound.  Others charge $1.99 a pound on sale.  I guess I will be watching more closely and planning our menu around this price. 

The chicken breast and mushrooms are the perfect price for me to buy to make my Cajun Chicken Pasta dish.  Mmmmmmmmm. 

Girls' Night In is at my house this weekend, and we do it potluck style.  It has been a while since I have been able to get a girls night together so I am really excited.  Everyone brings something yummy to eat and share.  In addition to everyone enjoying the yummy foods, we play cards (which everyone gets really competitive over  ;)  ) and catch up by talking and enjoying each other.  Inexpensive fun.  :)  What better words can there be? 

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Sasha!! Price matching is such a great way to simplify your shopping and save big time!! I would do it, but half the time I forget to show them the ad to price match, lol. You scored some awesome deals! Walmart is getting pretty cool with their coupon policy, I am impressed.

    I will be there Saturday night!!! I am so excited to catch up with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Can't wait to see you! It is going to be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on price matching. I tend to not watch the circulars as much, but I do love Smiths from time to time. =) PS Love knowing theres a Vegas blogger out there!

    ReplyDelete