Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For....

Last night I was really wanting some ice cream.  It sounded so good.  I was ready to take my kids to Coldstone Creamery.  There is something about that place that just makes me smile.  I was in the car ready to venture there.  Then I thought about it- with gas prices I didn't want to make a trip all the way over there.  The nearest one is about 7 miles one way according to Mapquest.  (For some reason I always thought it was a little further than that.  I guess I could be wrong.)  So 14 miles roundtrip.  I didn't want to drive and was feeling rather lazy.  I decided to hit up Albertsons and see what we could find. 

We searched high and low.  All the different brands, flavors, visual character pictures (so conveniently at a child's eye level), and all the numerous, sweet looking ice cream.  Mmmmmmmmm  :)  Well, we decided on this:

Let me just say how freaking great it was!  It was $3.00 and was plenty to feed all three of us with plenty of leftovers.  Had I gone to Coldstone, it would have been much more. We all agreed that this ice cream is a new favorite for our home.  Chocolate, peanut butter and peanut butter cups all combined = YUMMMMMY!

In the future, I am just going to stick with this stuff the next time I have a yearning to go to Coldstone.   I would have bought two ice creams at Coldstone plus gas and tax.  I definitely saved money going this route.  Even if I hadn't saved any money, I honestly have to admit that this ice cream tasted better to me than what I would have gotten at Coldstone.  Well worth purchasing this stuff if you are having an ice cream craving.  With summer around the corner, who isn't going to be craving ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment