Monday, August 22, 2011

I Want It NOW a.k.a. Sassy the Spoiled Little Brat



Today I have been thinking of my life. Thinking of my life immediately takes me to my kids, which then in turn brings me to responsibilities, which then in turn brings me to my house, which for some weird reason today brought me smack dab to my dishwasher.

Or shall I say…. LACK OF A WORKING DISHWASHER.

I have decided today that a new dishwasher is no longer a want. I am kind of throwing that up there to a need. Okay so I might be being petty and know that a dishwasher is not a need, but I really, really, REALLY, REALLY, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY want a new one.

My life just can’t go on without one (grin). If I have to scrub another sink full of dishes by hand again I might just stop eating all together so I don’t have to do the dishes, though that might not exactly work as I know my kids will still be eating. And I just don’t wanna do dishes by hand.

Yes, the frugal side of me can easily deal with it and do dishes by hand, thereby not dishing out such a substantial amount of money on a dishwasher. But the spoiled brat side of me doesn’t care about being frugal right now. Time to get my butt in gear and save up to get me a dishwasher.

Maybe my spending freeze on food for next month will kick start some of the funds for my much needed dishwasher. Maybe I can save a substantial amount by not shopping for food, even though we currently eat pretty frugally. But that is beside the point.

Sassy is tired of not having a dishwasher!!!!


I immediately am brought to remembering in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory where the Veruca Salt girl sings that song “I WANT IT NOW”. Yes, I can be a spoiled brat too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment