2011 is coming to an end. This year as I look back and think hard of all the new and different things I have done this year, I can't help but be proud of myself. This year I did some pretty different things.
1. I started entering online giveaways and ACTUALLY WON!! So many years I thought all these giveaways were just gimmicks and that no one actually won. I couldn't believe when I actually won something. It was so fun and unexpected.
2. This year was my first time ever driving to Arizona. I didn't just drive a short distance either. Scottsdale, Arizona is pretty far I discovered. The best part was seeing so much snow on the way, even though we didn't get to stop and play in it. I drove all the way down there to pick up Bug's new bedroom set that I just happened to have won online. The only stipulation was that it had to be picked up down there. It was a Mommy and Bug trip. Just the two of us. I literally woke up at 2 in the morning, had Bug up and dressed and ready, gassed up and we were out of town by 3. We drove straight down there and back, not stopping for fear that the rain was going to get us. Imagine if you will, looking behind the truck with brand new furniture and seeing dark rain clouds circling! Pretty scary. I was so terrified of the furniture getting wet that I just kept driving and driving. There was no way I was stopping and getting this furniture completely ruined after driving so long and being so exhausted.
3. Adding to the above the first time I took such a long road trip running on three hours of sleep. No nap, no rest stop resting or anything. I must admit that it was an extremely long, tiring day. In the end though, it was totally worth it. The look on Bug's face was priceless when I told her it was for her.
4. I took Jack and Bug up to the mountains and hiked while there was snow out. It was so fun and unusual. I loved it. Bug completely fell on ice and I just couldn't stop laughing. ( I know I am such a mean Mommy!) We also had a little lunch and just enjoyed the outdoors.
5. I drove up to our family reunion up in Utah by myself and the kids. I had never driven up there on my own. It was such a fun trip and I completely loved it. I intend to do this more often as long as they keep the reunions going. We also actually camped out. I hadn't camped since.... someone died! (Long while ago when Bug was just a tot we went on a camp out and one of her grandma's friends had a heart attack and died. It was very unexpected and she was only in her 40's!) So it was fun making cool memories of camping. The kids totally loved it.
6. I had a mostly giveaway Christmas for my kids with my winnings from giveaways and we had such a blast. I spent a little over $20 out of pocket for Christmas and we had one of the biggest Christmases (as far as gifts) ever. I worked really, really hard at my online giveaways in hopes of winning for Christmas gifts. It really helped a great deal.
7. I finally filed for Child Support!!!!! Yes, you read that correctly. After all these years I finally did it. No, it isn't even close to completed, but at least I took the steps necessary.
8. I started really working on my food storage. I have a long way to go on this but at least I took the first steps and really started to dive into it.
9. Oh yeah, I MADE HOMEMADE BREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME!!
Hmmmmmmm for the life of me I can't really think of much else right now to make it to number 10. I am going to have to work on this next year to make a lot of new things on next year's list.
This next year I intend to get healthier. I want to lose a significant amount of weight. I won't announce the number out of embarrasement. hahahaa But I want to work really hard at it. I want to start walking.
I want to start a real budget. I want to start writing down where all my money is going. I mean REALLY start getting serious about this. I am very frugal and watch my money but I want to get more serious on it.
What do you intend to do this year? Anything spectacular?