A Financial Bucket List. Do you have one? There are so many things I could put on this list for myself. Some of the items might mean nothing to some of you but could mean a lot to me. You might have some on your list that I would think are unneccessary but it is yours.
My Financial Bucket List:
1. Pay Off My Mortgage in Full- Considering I just bought my house less than 3 years ago, I have a ways to go on this. I can't wait til the day I don't have a mortgage payment to make, considering a large majority of my paychecks go toward my house.
2. Save Up Money to Visit Wales With My Kids- For any of you who don't know, my mother lives in Wales. That is where she is from. Her and my father married and when they divorced years later, she decided to go back to be with her family. I have a whole side of my family who I have never met. Some of them I have emailed, facebook messaged/ wall posts, etc. However, I have never met any of them in person, with exception of my mother of course. I think it would be awesome to finally have the chance to meet them and enjoy their company.
3. Save Up Money to Visit Big Ben in London- I don't know why, but I have always been interetsed in seeing Big Ben.
4. Buy a New, Reliable Car- My car is seriously a piece of s*&^! One minute it works, and the next it just breaks down. It is horrible. I have had my car now for 6 years. I would love to have a new one. My dream car is a Lincoln Navigator. Other choices that come to mind would have to include a Dodge Journey, Ford F350 (don't ask me why but I have ALWAYS wanted a big truck for me), Dodge Avenger, Toyota RAV4, and the list could go on and on.
5. Start a Retirement Plan- Enough said
6. Obtain Health Insurance- Yes, we are living without health insurance. It is scary when you think of it. However, due to my limited income I can't afford it. It is scary. Work doesn't offer it.
I am entering a cool competition right now for sharing my financial bucket list, that is the $500 Give Me Back My Five Bucks competition. Head there and enter right away. This ends today.