Thursday, September 2, 2010

I DID IT!!!!! Turning Down "Stuff"

My parents are going to be putting their house on the market to sell.  No, this is not something they really want to be doing.  My dad has lost his job and does not receive unemployment.  :(  Long story.  My stepmom works, but things are tight I am sure.  So they have resorted to selling the house. 

You have to know that my dad builds custom built homes.  Since I was just a small child I remember building a new house, living in it, building a new one and selling it, and on and on.  Or at least that is what it seemed like to me.  More on another post.

Anyways, so my parents have been going through things.  They had a HUGE pile of stuff waiting for me to go through.  Man do they know and love me or what?  Yes, I went through it.  And yes I did take some stuff.  And they were the following:
-Scrapbook Stuff: I love to scrapbook.  It is an expesnive hobby, and these were really cute supplies.  Even if I don't use them for myself, which I am sure I will ;), I can use them toward my Scrapbook gifts that I make people.
- A laundry hamper: I was actually planning on buying one for my room before being offered this.  It saved on me not having to go out and purchase one.
- A chest: I had been eyeing this when my stepmom and I found it at the store.  She bought it on clearance at a store that was going out of business.  She decided that they just have too much stuff and she happily gave it to me.  Yes, I happily accepted. 

There were so many other things, but I just didn't want it.  Yes, some were great things.  Some I could have taken and tried selling on ebay or craigslist, but I just didn't want the hassle.  I happily declined the other things and my stepmom kept asking if I was sure.  Ummmm yeah I am positive  :)  I feel more accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment