I typically stretch my dollars and am thrifty and frugal. It is just in my blood. I like to have the best deal.
Take for instance my new tires I had to buy this weekend. I was originally quoted at over a thousand dollars for the 4 of them. Yes, I negotiated and really worked the salesperson. $870.00 was a steal compared to what they were trying to get out of me. I had already compared with 2 other places on the price of just one and much lesser quality. I really got the best deal to be found for me.
This weekend (even after shopping the thrift store a few weeks back) I realized my son's pants had holes in the majority of them and he was wearing them to school :( Sure enough this weekend you found me making my rounds at a handful of yard sales where I scored a few pants for a dollar each and two others that were brand new with tags for $2.00 each. Well, sure enough I paid way less than had I bought one at the store new. (I may or may not have also found him some nice pajamas and a robe for a dollar each as well.)
When it comes to grocery shopping, when there is a good deal, I tend to stock up so I don't have to pay full price on the items later. So this last week when I walked into 4 different 99 Cents Only Stores and found unheard of prices for name brand good items that are typically way more than that, I definitely stocked up. Let's just say in a week's timeframe, I spent roughly $190.00 at the 99 Cents Only store. And no you did not misread that number. I also spent $60.00 at Smart and Final. My cupboards, pantry, fridge and freezer are plenty stocked. I always buy at the lowest possible price and stock up to save.
So as you know, I am pretty thrifty. But I definitely am human.
- Out of sheer lack of time in the mornings, I may or may not forget or not have time to make my coffee.
- I may or may not forget to pack my lunches.
- I may or may not feel lazy and not cook on certain nights.
- I may or may not take long hot showers or baths to attempt to relieve pain from my body.
- I may or may not end up buying coffee or soda while I am out.
- I may or may not have eaten out way too much during the days for lunches.
- I may or may not have spent a lot on eating out.
- I may or may not have to rewash so many loads of clothes in the washer.
- I may or may not spend a lot on gas because during lunch, I may just want to really get away from the office
- I may or may not just not care on certain days.
- I may or may not fall asleep with the television on.
- I may or may not leave a lot of lights on in the house.
- I may or may not have taken the kids to the movies this month and no, not the dollar theatres (even thought it was the $5.00 Monday special night :) )
- I may or may not REALLY be human.
- How about working on the whole coffee situation? You know where I actually make and drink my coffee? Yeah, that would be amazing. I can't be spending all this money on coffees (even if it is only $2.00 coffee at 7-11)
- How about working on the making sure I bring lunch every day to work? Man, even those value menus at fast food joints have added up this month. And come on, who can really just spend a dollar and be full there? lol I won't even try to lie and say I only spend a dollar when I go to these places.
- How about working on making dinner every night? Hey, I have an even better idea- how about actually packing my lunches with the leftover dinner and kill two birds with one stone?
- How about work on the whole clothing situation? Yeah, time to get more organized. I can't lie- I am sitting here at work during lunch thinking about the clothes I left in the washer last night.
- How about working on the whole finances? Yeah, time to sit down and make a budget and a bill paying routine.