Monday, January 27, 2014

February We Have Plans

Ok most of you know I am a thrifty, sassy mama. 


I typically stretch my dollars and am thrifty and frugal.  It is just in my blood.  I like to have the best deal. 


Take for instance my new tires I had to buy this weekend.  I was originally quoted at over a thousand dollars for the 4 of them.  Yes, I negotiated and really worked the salesperson.  $870.00 was a steal compared to what they were trying to get out of me.  I had already compared with 2 other places on the price of just one and much lesser quality.  I really got the best deal to be found for me.


This weekend (even after shopping the thrift store a few weeks back) I realized my son's pants had holes in the majority of them and he was wearing them to school :(  Sure enough this weekend you found me making my rounds at a handful of yard sales where I scored a few pants for a dollar each and two others that were brand new with tags for $2.00 each.  Well, sure enough I paid way less than had I bought one at the store new.  (I may or may not have also found him some nice pajamas and a robe for a dollar each as well.)


When it comes to grocery shopping, when there is a good deal, I tend to stock up so I don't have to pay full price on the items later.  So this last week when I walked into 4 different 99 Cents Only Stores and found unheard of prices for name brand good items that are typically way more than that, I definitely stocked up.  Let's just say in a week's timeframe, I spent roughly $190.00 at the 99 Cents Only store.  And no you did not misread that number.  I also spent $60.00 at Smart and Final.  My cupboards, pantry, fridge and freezer are plenty stocked.  I always buy at the lowest possible price and stock up to save. 


So as you know, I am pretty thrifty.  But I definitely am human. 


  • Out of sheer lack of time in the mornings, I may or may not forget or not have time to make my coffee. 
  • I may or may not forget to pack my lunches. 
  • I may or may not feel lazy and not cook on certain nights. 
  • I may or may not take long hot showers or baths to attempt to relieve pain from my body. 
  • I may or may not end up buying coffee or soda while I am out. 
  • I may or may not have eaten out way too much during the days for lunches. 
  • I may or may not have spent a lot on eating out. 
  • I may or may not have to rewash so many loads of clothes in the washer.
  • I may or may not spend a lot on gas because during lunch, I may just want to really get away from the office
  • I may or may not just not care on certain days.
  • I may or may not fall asleep with the television on.
  • I may or may not leave a lot of lights on in the house.
  • I may or may not have taken the kids to the movies this month and no, not the dollar theatres (even thought it was the $5.00 Monday special night :) )
  • I may or may not REALLY be human. 
This month I really want to get better about things.  February we really need to work together.  I really want to work on a few things with you.
  • How about working on the whole coffee situation?  You know where I actually make and drink my coffee?  Yeah, that would be amazing.  I can't be spending all this money on coffees (even if it is only $2.00 coffee at 7-11)
  • How about working on the making sure I bring lunch every day to work?  Man, even those value menus at fast food joints have added up this month.  And come on, who can really just spend a dollar and be full there?  lol  I won't even try to lie and say I only spend a dollar when I go to these places.
  • How about working on making dinner every night?  Hey, I have an even better idea- how about actually packing my lunches with the leftover dinner and kill two birds with one stone? 
  • How about work on the whole clothing situation?  Yeah, time to get more organized.  I can't lie- I am sitting here at work during lunch thinking about the clothes I left in the washer last night.
  • How about working on the whole finances?  Yeah, time to sit down and make a budget and a bill paying routine. 
My birthday is on the 1st and I may or may not go out to eat with the kids (family tradition) but I know there are sooooooo many things I could work on in February.  February it's you and me against the world!  What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment