Monday, January 20, 2014

Nevada Hardest Hit

As some of you might know, I was out of work for a year.  Being on Unemployment and a single mommy to two kids, stressed is not enough of a word to describe what I was feeling. 


Through a great friend, I found a program called Nevada Hardest Hit Funds.  Have any of you heard of this program?  Basically it is a mortgage assistance program.  Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP) will make up to $1,000.00 payment for 9 months possibly.  You do have to make a certain monthly payment that they inform you that you will be required to make. 


There are a number of things you must meet for criteria. From their site:


Who is Eligible?
  • US Citizen or Legal US Resident
  • Must agree to supply all necessary documents in a timely manner
  • Must be borrower’s primary residence
  • Home cannot be listed for sale
  • Must be a single family dwelling, condo/townhouse or manufactured home converted to real property
  • Mortgage balance cannot exceed $417,000
  • Mortgage Servicer has agreed to participate under the terms and conditions governing the use of NV HHF Funds
  • Homeowner cannot be in an active bankruptcy
  • Household liquid (non-retirement) assets cannot exceed $10,000
I can't express in words how much of a blessing this program has been to me and my kids.  I was approved at the end of November, so it kicked in for my December mortgage payment.  My monthly fee is $75.00.  I have to mail in my monthly money order and the program pays the rest and pays directly to my mortgage company (Wells Fargo).  This program will pay for 9 months and it helps so much more than I know how to express. 

If you are out of work, underemployed, or having difficulty, call them!  Trust me I thought there was no way in the world I was going to waste my time looking into it, and I honestly thought it was a gimmick.  I thought there was no way in the world that it was real.  It sounded like one of those refinancing scams.  But to my surprise, it isn't!  It really is a real, working program that helps significantly.  You really should look into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment