Through a great friend, I found a program called Nevada Hardest Hit Funds. Have any of you heard of this program? Basically it is a mortgage assistance program. Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP) will make up to $1,000.00 payment for 9 months possibly. You do have to make a certain monthly payment that they inform you that you will be required to make.
There are a number of things you must meet for criteria. From their site:
Who is Eligible?
- US Citizen or Legal US Resident
- Must agree to supply all necessary documents in a timely manner
- Must be borrower’s primary residence
- Home cannot be listed for sale
- Must be a single family dwelling, condo/townhouse or manufactured home converted to real property
- Mortgage balance cannot exceed $417,000
- Mortgage Servicer has agreed to participate under the terms and conditions governing the use of NV HHF Funds
- Homeowner cannot be in an active bankruptcy
- Household liquid (non-retirement) assets cannot exceed $10,000
I can't express in words how much of a blessing this program has been to me and my kids. I was approved at the end of November, so it kicked in for my December mortgage payment. My monthly fee is $75.00. I have to mail in my monthly money order and the program pays the rest and pays directly to my mortgage company (Wells Fargo). This program will pay for 9 months and it helps so much more than I know how to express.
If you are out of work, underemployed, or having difficulty, call them! Trust me I thought there was no way in the world I was going to waste my time looking into it, and I honestly thought it was a gimmick. I thought there was no way in the world that it was real. It sounded like one of those refinancing scams. But to my surprise, it isn't! It really is a real, working program that helps significantly. You really should look into it.