Friday, June 10, 2011

Closing a Chapter to My Life

Well, today I decided that I am closing a chapter to my life.  When I say that, I primarily am speaking about certain individuals in my life that frankly, just don't belong.  No, this isn't me sitting here saying I am better than anyone and have no use for certain people.  Not at all.  Certain people that have been in my life for quite some time are
a) too judgemental
b) negative and downright rude
c) love to talk crap behind your back and when confronted say they never said anything
d) just too much drama to handle.

So today I am embracing taking my imaginary scissors and cutting the strings/closing a chapter.  I am beyond tired of focusing on the problems and worrying about what they think or say.  I am me.  I will never be anyone else.  Of course, I will change in my life.  In fact, I will change MANY times in my life.  Isn't that what life is? 

WE ALL CHANGE.  We learn.  We grow.  We find ourselves and focus on who we want to become and how we are going to get there.  I for one will happily detach myself from said individuals in an attempt to better myself and my life.  Maybe I am better than having these people in my life?  Maybe that is wrong to think or say, but I am done.  Not in a negative, venting kind of way.  I am just happy to let it go.  I will be the better person and be content :)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, you just have to. I recently cut my mother's sister out of my life and although I'm still not sure how I feel about it, for right now I'm okay. It emotionally drained me and everyone saw it. It makes me sad because one thing I wasn't blessed with was family, but I think some of my friends make up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know I am not the only one, Serendipity. Yes, it is needed.

    ReplyDelete