Thursday, September 29, 2011

Moving On

Change. 

Such a difficult part of life at times. 

I will be the first to openly admit that I tend to have a difficult time with change.  I want things to be constant and lasting. 
When you are young you think you will always have the friends that you have.  At my age you look back and realize how life is constantly changing.  Friends come and go.  I have always taken hold of the past when it comes to people and held on for dear life. 

Today it kind of hit me over the head.  Embrace change.  Allow it and love it.  Let certain people go.  There was a reason and season for them, but now it is time to let it go. 

Even best friends I had in my past who I swore would be by my side no matter what and I for them as well, just don’t fit into my life anymore.  I don’t fit into their lives I am realizing now.  People are all at different phases in their lives. 

I don’t think people know how to handle or relate to me.  Sometimes it feels like my friends who are married and have families don’t relate to me because I don’t have a husband.  Other friends can’t relate to me because I have kids and they don’t.  There are so many factors that come into play.  I have always let it bring me down.  But for what reasoning?  It isn't something to bring you down.  It is time to LOVE Change!

Today I am embracing it and coming to the realization that it is okay.  Letting people go is just fine by me.  Not in a dramatic “I’M DELETING THEM FROM MYSPACE/FACEBOOK” kind of way or anything.  Just letting it go and moving forward. 
Mr. Change I take thee to be my lawful wedded...
Happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment