Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Updating Christmas AGAIN

Okay so I have been updating the stash of items I have set aside for my kids for Christmas and have made some adjustments.  I am quite certain everyone is going to be so over hearing about my Christmas plans since I have been talking about it so much lately, but this keeps me on track and focused. 

This is what I have set aside for Christmas for my kids so far.

Jack:


  • Monsters, Inc. DVD, which he has been begging for for a long while now. This is such a great movie, if you haven't seen it. I highly recommend this to anyone, and not just if you have kids. I must confess that I absolutely LOVE this movie.- I won a GC online and got this for free.
  • Batman Movies 4 pack since he is such an avid Batman fan- I won a GC online and got this for free.

  • Arthur and The Invisibles 2 - I won this online on a blog (New Age Mama) and I know he is going to love it. Free

  • A stash of 14 Chevron Techron cars that I found at a yard sale, various styles for only 25 cents each! $3.50 total

  • A car rug  that I scored at a yard sale as well, for $2.00! I couldn't believe it when she told me that price. It looks like it has been hardly touched.

  • Last year's Lego finds. One was at a yard sale which if I remember right was only $3.00. One was given to us when their grandma was cleaning out their shed and I set it aside for when he was a little older. $3.00 total  I decided he is still too young for Legos.  I came to this realization after seeing him chewing on some really little Barbie toys.  Really son????

  • I decided since I got the 2nd movie to the Arthur and The Invisibles, I would get the first one with some left over money on a GC from Amazon that I won on a book blog a couple weeks back. (I decided to purchase used books vs. new, so I was able to buy 2 books and this movie instead of just the one book I would have been permitted to had I purchased brand new.) The overage was exactly $2.69.
  • I won a Veggie Tales Live DVD online and will give it to him. 

  • I won a game from Mom and More's blog and know this will help him significantly.  We need to work on colors and numbers together.  I think this will be great for him.

       So far the total for Jack is $8.19!



Bug:


Enchanted DVD- I won a gift card online and bought this primarily for her for Christmas. She has been wanting this movie for a while now. Every time we check it out at the library, she throws on her dress ups and sings her little heart out. It is so precious! So this was free.

I entered a giveaway on Hip2Save  for a Build-A-Dream Playhouse and won a little while back. I was so excited, as I knew my daughter would absolutely love it. I picked the castle. It is sitting in the garage hiding. So free.

Bug's Total is $0.00!



So a total of $8.19 spent so far in all.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you are working on Christmas so early. I'm a little inspired to get started myself. Perhaps I can start collecting swagbucks or something? Maybe check out yardsales for my little sister?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use swagbucks as well, Serendipity. I am hoping I can use those toward Christmas as well. Right now I have a little under $45 dollars worth on amazon (450 for a $5 gift certificate). I hope to earn a good amount before Christmas time. What do you have in mind for your sister?

    ReplyDelete