Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Finds For The Weekend

My son's birthday is coming up next month.  Instead of finding him a toy that he'll just tire of for his birthday present, I figured out something better for his present.  The other night the kids wanted to have a camp out in the living room in front of the tv.  They had so much fun.  There was only one problem- we only have two girl sleeping bags.  My son had to sleep in the Little Mermaid one.  He said he wants a boy one.  I figured it would be the perfect gift.  I looked online for a Batman one since he loves Batman so much.  No luck.  I looked in stores.  In the end, I went to Savers and found a nice blue sleeping bag that is really nice.  It was listed for $7.00.  Then I looked up at the sign and realized it was half off since the tag was green.  So for only $3.50 he will have a really nice blue sleeping bag. 

I also stopped in really quick at Goodwill and found a Transformers mask that talks and makes noise.  It was really awesome.  It was only $3.00.  Little man spotted it first.  I bought it, but I stuck it in the trunk so he has completely forgotten about it.  I never have luck at Goodwill.  From my experience, the prices are so much higher than other thrift stores.  Maybe that is just my experience.  Maybe some of you have had great experiences finding things at great prices there.  I haven't.

Prior to going out for a search for the sleeping bag, we stopped at a school yard sale.  I found my son a nice, sturdy winter jacket for only $2.00 :)  I found a pair of Carz slippers for my son for only $1.00 also.  I wish my camera was working, so I could post pictures.  We also spotted a nice children's book with great pictures.  It was only 25 cents.  Great buys if you ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment