Monday, October 11, 2010

So sorry....

I am so sorry I haven't posted anything recent.  Truth be told, I have just been so busy lately that posting has been the last thing on my list to do.  My friend questioned when I was going to post something new on here.  Well here it is:

This weekend I had an incredible buy.  I had just cashed my check and was driving to my grandparents' house to pay them for babysitting.  I looked to my left and saw a Catholic Church and a sign that had flea market listed with Saturday's date.  I had never been there before, but something told me I really needed to check it out.  I really didn't want to go, but I surely pulled in the parking lot and ventured in to see what they had.  Man, am I so thankful I did! 

You have to know that my son has been needing new shoes for quite some time.  I have been having him in sandals, but with the weather starting to cool down a little bit, I have been kind of worried about shoes.  You also have to know, that the past two months have been really really really trying on me financially.  So when I saw some brand new pairs of kids shoes in boxes at this flea market, I checked to see if they had my son's size.  They did in fact have his size.  I questioned how much they were, thinking they would be probably too expensive.  I couldn't believe my ears when the guy informed me they were 2/$3.  I asked if he meant a pair for $3, just to be on the safe side.  He said, "No, they are two pairs for $3.00.  If you don't buy two, they are $2.00 a pair."  I was in total shock.  I found two that were my son's size and I was so excited. 

I also found one pair of dress shoes (brand new in the box) for myself for $2.00.  I have been needing new shoes for work as mine are really old and starting to show wear. 

So I happily grabbed those, thinking wow $5.00 total for 3 brand new pairs of shoes for both of us.  Then I looked behind me and noticed the Parish Hall with its doors open.  They were having a huge flea market there.  I decided to venture inside just to see what they had.  They had tons of stuff there!  I had grabbed just a couple things that I saw as really good buys, when a lady screamed and yelled for everyone's attention.  She informed everyone that they were having a deal.  You could fill an entire big, black trash bag full of stuff and the price would only be $5!!!! 

I decided to search more thoroughly since I knew I could stuff a lot of stuff in a black trash bag, and I am so happy I did so!  The following is what I scored for $5 total:
- 2 great and sturdy jackets for me which I have really been looking hard to find for myself
- a few hoodies for my daughter
- a nice, thick Spiderman blanket set, with the sheets, pillowcases, and everything included
- 4 bath robes (1 my size which is really thick and great quality, 2 my daughter's size, and 1 my son's size)
- a few pairs of pajama pants
- books
- hunting gear jackets (one bright orange one and two camo. styled ones) which I plan to give to my cousin
- some clothes for my daughter to grow into
- two swimming trunks for my son to grow into
- towels and wash cloths

All of those items for $5!?!?  I couldn't believe it.  I know some of you might say or think that it is just a coincidence that I stopped there.  I, on the other hand, know that I was guided to stop there.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment