Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hard Chicken Tacos

So, my kids have been begging me to make homemade chicken fried rice.

I, being the great mommy I am, finally (after much longer than I would care to admit) got chicken out of the freezer to defrost this morning before work.

I was determined to be such a great mom and make chicken fried rice after work. All day at work I thought about it. I was actually quite excited!

Then this evening on a whim, we decided to go see my cousin's new baby.



He was super cute! Don't you agree? 


After getting home so late this evening, I realized I would not have the time for chicken fried rice. (No, I didn't have any rice already made and I prefer having the regular rice cooking in the rice cooker vs that boxed minute rice.)

So as I got home, I had to think of what to make instead. My creative wheels started turning. Hmmm, what on earth could I make?

I thought about the things I had already in the house. There was no way in the world I was running to the store.

I ended up making a chicken taco mixture that was to die for!

It was simply chicken breast, black beans, taco seasoning, diced green chiles and a little bit of water simmering on the stove topped with cheese. This wonderful concoction was put inside hard taco shells. Then we topped them with Taco Bell brand hot sauce and guacamole.

Are your mouths watering yet? Let me tell you guys- it was seriously divine! The kids completely gobbled it down (who am I trying to kid? So did I!)

It was sooooo delicious. This will definitely be on our dinner menus in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment