Saturday, September 4, 2010

Disappointment

Today I was supposed to take the kids and going hiking with my sister.  We thought this was a brilliant idea.  Yesterday when discussing the details, we both just didn't feel like going.  This morning I just wasn't up for it due to the heat and figured it would be safer to stay inside.  Isn't fall supposed to be here?  Why is it still over a hundred degrees? 

I started cleaning house since we were  home.  Around lunch time I decided I really wanted Panda Express.  You have to know that I do not eat out too often.  I bring lunches to work, eat at home and typically save a substantial amount of money in the process.  For the past 2 or 3 weeks I have really been craving Panda Express' Kung Pao Chicken.  It sounded so delicious for all this time, and I have been putting it off.  As of yesterday I started feeling deprived. 

No, I am not deprived by any means in reality.  As long as we have clothes to wear, food to eat, health, a safe roof over our heads, then we are fine.  But I just wanted to go so badly to Panda.  I worked it out and figured the money I hadn't spent on gas driving out to my sister's house and back (since they live so far away) would have been about that amount or so I think.  So I loaded the kids in the car, as they were screaming and crying that it was too hot having to put on the seat belts.  It was insane.

While driving I thought about how to stretch the money we would be spending on the chinese food.  I figured if we went to the Chinese buffet and my kids filled up, as well as myself of course, it would be much smarter.  So we went to a place I had been to before years ago.  We looked at the food and it looked rather yummy.  The kids were so excited. 

I have to say it bluntly- it was disgusting.  Yuck.  My daughter liked it but only ate about half a plate of food, which she usually eats much more.  My son ate two bites and told me it was yucky.  He wouldn't eat it no matter how much bribing I tried.  I couldn't blame him.  I only ate a couple bites and two chicken sticks. 

What a waste of money!!!!  And to think that I was trying to be frugal and get the best bang for my buck.  I am a very frugal person as some of you might know.  But this was a very unfrugal decision on my part.  The one thing that I wanted the most (the Kung Pao Chicken) was not good quality whatsoever at the buffet.  In fact, it tasted and looked like the "chicken" wasn't chicken at all.  It looked and tasted like bacon or something of that effect.  Oh my goodness how gross it was. 

Next time I decide to spend the money and eat out, I will choose the quality item instead of opting for the quantity.  How I am kicking myself now.  I spent $13 for that.  :(   And yes, I am still hungry if you would like to know.  Just another lesson in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment