Monday, August 2, 2010

Drying Clothing

We received a gas dryer from our friends.  They weren't using it and since we didn't have one, they gladly gave it to us.  Well, it doesn't work anymore.  I don't know what the issue is, but it won't dry the clothes.  It isn't clogged.  It is clean.  I decided to not get it repaired just yet.  I have started line drying our clothes.  Let me tell you- it has saved a lot on our utility bills.  And since it is so hot outside anyways, it surely helps.  Yes, it takes longer to have your clothes ready to wear due to the drying process, but I do our washing all at once so it isn't like we are planning on wearing everything right then and there. 

I have dogs so we can't have a line set up in the back yard, and I wouldn't put it out in the front yard because you never know... some neighborhood kids could come along and take them just as a joke.  Or I could forget about them.  I have set up a line in our garage.  I don't turn the light on or anything.  It gets so hot outside that it just works for us in the garage. 

With the summer ending soon though, I will have to break down and call a repair guy.  Hopefully it won't cost me an arm and a leg.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment