Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Joy of Friends and Family

Man am I happy I have such amazing friends and family.  My friend invited me to her stake's clothing exchange.  I packed up a huge black trash bag full of my son's outgrown clothing and a few of my daughter's clothes.  I imagined a lot of junky clothes and was just happy to be donating the clothes.  Turns out I was so wrong.  It was awesome.  I got my daughter's entire school wardrobe from there.  The clothes were in much better conditions than I ever imagined.  Since my friend just gave us clothes for my son, I wasn't really on a hunt for clothes for him.  I found a few items for myself for church and work.  I was very happy.  The best part of all of this was it was free.  It really helped out at a time when finances are really tight.  As some of you might know, I have been unemployed for almost 6 months until recently. Obviously being a single mommy on unemployment is no joyous picnic financially.  I am so thankful and happy to be working.  But even though I am working, finances are still pretty tight.  So this REALLY helped us out.  I am so thankful I have such an awesome friend who invited me to participate in this event.  Friends truly are the family we meet along the way.  *I know I am such a sap sometimes huh?  ;)

My aunt called me and had me come over that same night.  She asked that I come over and give her 30 minutes of her time.  I immediately started thinking about what I had done.  Had I done something to offend her?  Uh oh.  She never calls me or invites me over.  Hmmmmmm....  scary.  It turns out she was inviting us over to let us go through a bag of clothes for my daughter.  My aunt's client buys clothes for herself and her grandkids very often.  They do NOT wear used clothing.  So the client happily passed them on to my aunt, who in turn called me (since she doesnt have any little girls) and had me come on over.  There were some awesome clothes in there in great condition.  They are in the next size up for my daughter, so we will have clothes for that size.  YAY!  My aunt hadn't even opened the bag yet so she had such a fun time looking at the clothes with me.  It was fun to be able to catch up on life with her since I don't get to see her very often. 

So my daughter has all her school clothes taken care of, so there won't be any stressing over that.  All taken care of, woooo hoooo.  :)  And the best part of it all, was it was free.  Can't beat that price at all.  I love friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad it went well for you. I'm not sure if you left first or I did but I'm sorry I didnt get a chance to say bye. I had to work that night and wanted to say goodnight to my kiddos. I'm going back Monday to help pack it all up for DI, I'm hoping to get a chance to look cuz I didnt get too much of a chance friday, I was mostly unloading bags.

    ReplyDelete